miércoles, 9 de diciembre de 2009

A Christmas Carol

Do you like Christmas stories? You have probably heard about Disney's new movie: A Christmas Carol 3D. Did you know that this story was written by Charles Dickens in 1843? Yes, this is not a new tale but there are a lot of film versions based on it.

Let's talk about its main character: At the beginning of the novel, Ebenezer Scrooge is a cold-hearted, tight fisted, greedy man, who hates Christmas. Scrooge has only his nephew left but doesn't particularly care for him. On Christmas Eve he is visited by three ghosts. Who are they? What do they want from Scrooge? To find out more, read an easy adaptation ( five chapters ) of
" A Christmas Carol ".


7 comentarios:

nerea dijo...

Hello!, I think that the story is very interesting, in my opinion there is too much new vocabulary but also think it is good to learn new things. I liked it.

Marisol dijo...

Thank you, Nerea. Well done

Ana 4ºB dijo...

hello, I think the story is a popular tale of Christmas about a man that don't believe in Christmas but in the end he will believe in it.I think it has some new vocabulary and is a good story for read in english.

Noemi dijo...

In my opinion, this story is very interesting because Scrooge was a stingy and cruel man and after he converted in a good person. I like this story.

María 4ºB dijo...

Woooah beautiful story! I liked it so much! It's a little boring to be searching words in the dictionary, but well, that's ok! The point is that it's very summary (is the word correct? i don't know...), but it's necessary, so that's ok too. Nice story *-*

Julia 4ºB dijo...

Hello!!In my personal opinion the story is very entertaining,and thank to it, we have learned new words and meanings.I like this story.Bye!!.

Pilar dijo...

Hello! I like the story but I didn't understand a lot of vocabulary. The story isn't difficult and it's intersting.