martes, 2 de diciembre de 2008

International Day for the Abolition of Slavery

Who am I?

I was born in South Africa on July 25th, 1918. My father was a local tribal leader.
I studied to be a lawyer and qualified in 1942. In 1944 I joined the ANC (African National Congress) and spoke against apartheid (keeping white and black people apart). In 1956 I went on trial for treason but was found not guilty. In 1962 I was arrested again and this time I was sentenced to life imprisonment. From June 1964 until 1982 I was in prison on Robben Island and then spent 8 more years in another prison. On February 18th, 1990 I was set free and later became the first black president of South Africa. I won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993.

Write your solution here!!

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

nelson mandela

Anónimo dijo...

nelson mandela